Written By: AbsolutViolette
Happy Cinco de Mayo!! I know, you may not be Mexican, and neither am I, but who turns down a reason to party? Food + Margarita (cause me and tequila is no bueno). Sounds like a good time to me.
Did you know that Americans celebrate May 5 more than Mexican’s do? It’s not even a national holiday in Mexico outside the city of “Puebla” where the battle (during the Franco-Mexican war) was won. So yeah, May 5 is not Mexico’s independence day, FYI.
Another interesting fact is that according to the California Avocado Commission, American’s consume up to 81 million pounds of avocados on May 5 every year. Now that’s a lot of guac. Just in case you happen to have a few laying around in the kitchen, and you love chipotle (who doesn’t love chipotle?) here’s a easy and delish recipe you gotta try.
Chipotle Shrimp and Guacamole Tostada Bites
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Small to medium shrimp
- Chipotle or BBQ dry seasoning
- 1 T. olive oil
- Round tortilla chips or scoops
- Guacamole (your favorite homemade recipe, or store bought – no judgement)
- Creme fraiche
- Chipotle hot sauce
- Toss raw shrimp with chipotle seasoning
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Saute shrimp until just opaque and cooked throughout. Remove from heat.
- Top each tortilla chip with a dollop of guacamole, one shrimp, and a leaf of cilantro.
- Mix chipotle hot sauce into creme fraiche until desired level of flavor is achieved. Add mixture to a Ziploc bag and trim one small corner to pipe onto tostadas.