Written by Barrie Ladipo
Now that the temperature has finally dropped enough for fall/winter fashion to hit the scene, it is time to obtain the full knowledge of the appropriate colors to be seen in. The fall/winter 2015-2016 fashion shows are officially over. From New York to London, Milan to Paris, we’ve witnessed plenty of most extraordinary pieces graced on the runways. Along side the styles. the colors played a significant part as well.
This season embellishes a range of earthy neutrals mixed with bold color schemes and structures in relations with nature, landscapes and seasons. According to Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of Pantone Color Institute, “Juxtaposition of color from opposite sides of the spectrum emphasizes poise and confidence on the runway. The Fall 2015 palette is rooted in multi-faceted, androgynous colors that can be worn to portray effortless sophistication across men’s and women’s fashion; it is the first time we are seeing a truly unisex color palette.”
“This Fall, designers’ pay homage to progressive moments in American history – from the seductive ‘20s to the bohemian hippie and modernists of the ‘60s and ‘70s – while stringing together an affection for colors and styling that are innately easy to wear by both men and women,” stated on Patone Fashion Color Report Fall 2015.
The fall/ winter 2015-2016 color trends are 10 different hues, according to Pantone. They strongly exemplify a unisex feel and have been seen in both the men’s and women’s collections. Getting into the 10 main hues, it is important to get familiar with some colors that have made the scene in previous seasons. Check and explore the fall/ winter 2015-2016 color trend report to know what trendy colors to gloss your season wardrobes.
- An olive green shade once thought of as strictly safari or military
- A cool and soothing greenish gray
- Reminiscent of the sky on a gray, overcast day
- A mellow, comforting and warming shade that brings good feelings, a golden yellow
- A winey red-brown that adds finesse and savoir faire
- A lush and elegant teal, the serene qualities of blue with the invigorating aspects of green
- A cooling blue with a lot of depth
- A warm, welcoming and subtly dramatic orange shade
- A tactile and soft pink hue
- An extraordinary hue that is unique, bold, creative and exciting, “the jewel in the crown”